Monday, December 30, 2013

Willkommen!

My name is Annie. I'm a third year economics and psychology double major at UC Berkeley (Go Bears!) studying abroad in Berlin, Germany for seven months - from right after the New Year to early August.

The excitement has been developing slowly but surely. It began when I was accepted to the program in June... then reemerged when I applied to Freie Universität in September and when I purchased my flights to Berlin over Thanksgiving break. Now, I take off in a matter of days, my suitcase is almost completely packed, and I'm scouring the web for any last minute tips/packing necessities/things I should be aware of/random bits and bobs.

The path to this adventure has been full of obstacles. I became an American citizen in November after living in the U.S. for over 10 years, and my passport - the final piece of this big puzzle - arrived in the mail a few weeks ago. There is a long story behind all of this that I am leaving out, but trust me when I say that in an alternate reality, I might not have had the chance to study abroad. That's what makes me all the more appreciative of this opportunity.

I look forward to sharing my adventures with you all :)

Bis später!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!! Please keep up with this blog because I want to know about all of your German "adventures"! Love you!

    ReplyDelete